Thursday, November 26, 2009

Mode de Vie



I'm participating in Mode de Vie tonight. It's an annual fundraiser for La Gaillarde. Several designers were asked to make a dress using recycled materials and there will be five judges. Ahhh I hate being judged! This year's theme was "ice". I finished my dress last night and I'm not really happy with it. Unfortunately, there's no time to change it now. Freddy was like, "Oh, it's cute, it looks like a sporty wedding dress." Mmm, not exactly what I was going for, yikes!

Grey kitty came to my deck to eat yesterday but didn't want to come inside. I saw her in the alley drinking puddle water last night when I was walking to Jen and James' house. I wonder if she will try to come inside again?

OH and...if you know anyone who is looking to adopt a rescued husky, please pass this on!

"The SPCA Ste-Agathe (north of Montreal) has just had almost 100 dogs released to them and urgently needs help. They are primarily Husky/Malamute types as they were used for sledding but there are also some other large Lab mixes (no small dogs) ranging in age from 2 years and up.There are around 20 pregnant females, with many close to giving birth. One special case that she told me about is a very nice 10-year-old male Husky who is blind. If anyone can help, please contact Corinne at corinne.gonzalez@spcall.ca. Money is also needed to help feed them."

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh i'm so out of the loop and caught up in school i ignored the email la gaillarde sent me about this event!
    its in my inbox and everything!
    darn!
    good luck! i'm sure you sporty wedding dress will win them all over!

    ReplyDelete