Sunday, May 8, 2011

Crazy for apps...


Weeping willows are one of my favorite trees! Here's a picture I took along the St. Lawrence River yesterday. I took it on my phone using the Hipstamatic app. That app is pure magic....it makes everything look so magical and vintage.

I know I'm a little late on the iphone bandwagon. I resisted for so long! Well, I'm a convert now. It's KIND of amazing to be able to answer work emails anywhere. It was a huge help when I was in NY last week, too. Not to mention that there are sooo many awesome apps for like, everything you could think of.

Here are a few I downloaded:
-Period Tracker (Does exactly what you think it does. Really useful for scheduling trips!)
-iPlant (Describes properties of plants, has photos, tells you which ones are edible!)
-Photosynth (Makes 3D models of the space you're in, kind of like google street view.)

Then of course I downloaded some apps that make cat sounds to drive my cats crazy. Are there any apps that you guys could recommend me? I'm pretty open- they can be super useful or really silly.

3 comments:

  1. this pic is gorgeous!! it looks like a pretty painting. :) as far as apps, I don't have an iphone but have used android and like the happycow app for finding vegan and vegetarian restaurants. there are probably others for that too and you'd probably want to be veg to get it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! Thank you.

    Yeah I think Happycow is more popular in the US. I'll check it out to see if it could tell me anything new about Montreal. (I think I've been to every vegetarian restaurant here!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Period tracker Yana?? Man, you slay me!!

    ReplyDelete