Thursday, June 30, 2011

Back at home

I just got back a few days ago from my friend's wedding in Long Island! In the end, it was a fantastic trip, but it started off as, well...a disaster. After getting stuck in line at the U.S. border for almost three hours, Freddy realized he had left his wedding clothes in a garment bag at home! Ah! There was no way we could turn around and go back, especially after waiting so long.

Anyway, we ended up spending the night in Brooklyn, and woke up crazy early to find him new clothes, as the wedding was that afternoon. In the end it worked out for the best, as he ended up finding sooo much great clothing. I guess NY is the place to be if you forget your clothes. Now, I joke that he "forgot" his clothes at home so he could go on a shopping spree at Uniqlo...hehe.

Here's a picture from our ferry ride from Greenpoint to Midtown. They just started this ferry service a few months ago! I forgot what it's called...but it's pretty awesome that you can go from Brooklyn to Manhattan so easily now. It only took us 10 minutes!


Sadly, I didn't take any pictures of the wedding! (Too busy crying!) My friend Trish and her husband wrote the most touching vows, and oh, her sister's speech left almost the entire party bawling! Way to go guys! Maybe you should have had tissue boxes as wedding favors, sheesh!

Anyway, after NY we went to my parents house in Pennsylvania. They sold their house in Brooklyn a few years ago and now live in the woods. My dad loves it, but I think my mom really misses the city and people! I try to call her as often as I can cause I can tell she is kind of lonely :-(

Here's a picture of my dad and their cat Margosha. Yep, that's his furry little baby...hehe.

Since I've been back I've been doing some sewing and a little gardening. I ate my first kale from the garden last night! It was so delicious, and so rewarding to eat! I've always had a deep appreciation for the food I eat (maybe it's an immigrant thing...we never threw food away in my house) but I feel even closer to my food now that I've been growing some of my edibles. It really makes me appreciate all of the hard work that farmers do for us.

Anywhoooo...I photographed and listed a bunch of vintage skirts today. It's kind of fun to do one kind of garment all at once. Here they are!

Check 'em out in my shop.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment