Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sneak a peek

Call me creepy, but I really love glancing into peoples' windows when I'm walking around at night. I promise I don't actually walk up to their window- I just slow down my pace. Hehe.

I loved window peeking in the West Village when I still lived in NY. Those amazing townhouses make me drool! Ahhh! The archways, original plaster mouldings, the furniture- so beautiful! I guess that's one of the reasons I was drawn to Montreal. There are so many gorgeous old buildings that remind me of NYC, except an average person can actually afford to live in one here.

This blog post is a little peek inside my home...in case you're like me and wonder what peoples' homes look like. Keep in mind that I basically moved up here with two suitcases and my sewing machines, so almost everything belonged to Freddy....so he takes credit for the decor. I guess if I had it my way, the furniture would be more girly and antique-y...but I'm fine mooching off of Freddy's furniture for now, hehe.

View from our window.

Entrance.

Bay window. Vintage recovered chair from Salvation Army. Cute cat on the window sill. Teak side table from Freddy's parents. Cat "house" from Hong Kong- a gift from our friend Emily.

Living room. Artwork by the YPF (holding it for them til they ask for it back...). Log pillows- gift from Norwegian Wood. Vintage lamp.

Dining area. Vintage bookcase. Prints from Parnell Collective (Freddy's art collective). Vintage side table (found in the trash!).

Back deck. Freddy playing around with his bike.

Bedroom. The headboard was a divider from a chinese restaurant. Freddy found it in the trash! Vintage lamp and diy lampshade. Walrus artwork by Freddy. Vintage bedsheets.

Sewing room! This is an old picture, but it's the only one I have...and right now the room is just WAYYYY too messy to show the world wide web.


Well, that's it for now! Hope you enjoyed the tour. :-)

6 comments:

  1. ohhh your house is soo much cuter than mine. my walls are so bare, but im working on it. and your sewing machine is awesome compared to mine lol. i sew in the garage!! its not even lined so i can stack all my serger threads around all the walls haha and hang all my garments from the ceiling beams, oh dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woops that should say "sewing room" not sewing machine.... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment on my last post, Yana. :) Your model is adorable, so I'll take that compliment & run w/it!

    As for window peeking-- I do that, too! I can't help it. I also like to people watch! :)

    xo

    My bf & are planning a road trip for the end of this summer-- last stop = Montreal. Any suggestions on places to shop, eat, etc..? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your place is adorable! I have never been to Montreal but it looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys have the best place!!!! This post was awesome.

    ReplyDelete