Thursday, January 15, 2009

Recycled cat pillow


My friends James and Emily just emailed me this adorable photo of their cats. OHhh my gawwwwwd....I'm freaking out. They are soo cute!

Cuties Mitch and Monty are lounging on their recycled cat pillow that I made. I usually use vintage fabric on the outside, however I used Amy Butler fabric for this one. Fancy!

If you sew a lot like I do, you probably have a mountain of tiny unusable scraps. I felt so guilty throwing them away, so last year I started using them as stuffing for "cat pillows". Believe it or not, the scraps add up, and I've been able to make close to 15 already! I usually give them away or donate them. So yeah, don't worry, my line is not heading in a cat pillow direction!

I love when my day starts with photos of cats :-)

3 comments:

  1. awww that is so adorable!! I wish my two would do that!! Sheesh!! The neighbor cat decided to sneak into our house and claim the cat pillow we got from you before ours did and so my cat decided to repeatedly pee on it... sheesh!! Unfortunately peed on it so much I was just grossed out and threw it out; which I feel super guilty about.... The other cat pillow they eye suspiciously; hoping the remaining cat pillow grows on them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really great idea for using up scraps. I have a couple bags of it that I don't want to throw away. I'll consider doing something like this instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a dog (named Bacon) who would love his own cat pillow!!

    ReplyDelete